Copyright

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software You will copy with risks to penalties and criminal procedures.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

My favourite things

This is what Julie Andrews had to say in The Sound of Music:

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens,
brown paper packages tied up with strings,
these are a few of my favorite things.

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels,
door bells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles.
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings.
these are a few of my favorite things.

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes,
snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes,
silver white winters that melt into springs,
these are a few of my favorite things.

When the dog bites, when the bee stings,
when I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
and then I don't feel so bad.









My favourite things include:

1. Mom waking me up in the morning by planting kisses on my face
2. An unexpected gift, with lots of wrapping ..and the anticipation associated with it while I unwrap it :)
3. A bash in the middle of the night when my friends surprise me on my birthday
4. A cute puppy playing by the road..better still..lots of puppies :P and their wet noses when they try to bury their heads in my hands
5. A toothless grin of an infant
6. A wild flower growing by the hedge
7. A ray of sunshine through the leaves of a bough
8. Patterns made by traffic lights on the wall of my room when I have retired to bed
9. Fireflies in a field at night
10. Lying on my back on a grassy lawn and gazing at a sky full of stars
11. Waking up to the call of someone I was dreaming about
12. Being reminded of an old song I had forgotten the lyrics of
13. Call/Mail from a long lost friend
14. Giving the last exam
15. 40+ comments on any of my posts :p

The list is endless :)..Thankfully

42 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm someone's outta give everyone a homework while she repairs her broken ..... with Dr. Fixit!!! [:)]

Aparna Ganguly said...

@lost
Saw it ..nice effort..

Hope u like my juke box too
:)

Aparna Ganguly said...

@ the innocent defendent

Didn't know Dr. Fixit can repair broken noses or broken hearts :P

sangram said...

nice nice :)...definitely a song to sing when one is floundering in angst. .. makes me nostalgic :)...keep streaming those tunes...great work

candid diary said...

Good homework.
This song is one of my favourite things.

passer by said...

your blog rank

Anonymous said...

oops sorry for the late suggestion...darn!

passer by said...

where are ur other blogs

Anonymous said...

hehehe - can promise ya atleast 2 of those fav things.... time will tell and Dr. Fixit will do!!! :)

Shreyas said...

i dont know how many comments i wud put but i hope this one crosses 40+..

Shreyas said...

u may ask why and who r u.. but then does it really matter

Shreyas said...

i quite accidentally landed on ur orkut page... mayb cos i found ur snap in sum community or sumthing and have read ur blogs for sum time now

Shreyas said...

sumtimes i find it too poetic for realism but over all its very grounded... and amazingly well written too

Shreyas said...

well i can actually keep going on till it reaches 40 but shall keep it for sum other time... i m sure others wud pitch in an effort too....

Shreyas said...

but u write very well.. it kinda puts a smile on my lips too and msot importantly it is so innovative.. music and snaps and what not.. keep it up...

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog you've got here!! Mine looks so DULL now :( ...

Aparna Ganguly said...

Funny quote of the Day

U love someone.. U marry someone else...
The one u marry becomes ur wife or husband.
And the one u loved becomes the password of ur mail id :P


Any more contributors?

Aparna Ganguly said...

@Rohit
Not at all!!]

I think ur blog space rocks..
could take a few tips from u :)

Want this place to evolve gradually..
Just as I am evolving as an individual..

Aparna Ganguly said...

@Shreyas
Thanks for the effort..
And I think u r quite right here when u said that sometimes it gets too poetic for realism ...

What I am projecting here is probably the world as I want to see it..

Could be a "divorce from reality" to borrow the phrase from someone..

But I try to puts facts as they are...
with "window dressing"?

maybe...

Anonymous said...

Hi,

The FTP site from which you play "Favourite things" does have other songs from Sound of Music, but the yodelling song is missing.

Any ideas where I can find it?

Thanks,
Krishnan

Anonymous said...

Hmmm I've added you to my blog roll, add me too *poke* ... :D

Aparna Ganguly said...

@ rohit
k done :)

Aparna Ganguly said...

@krishnan
will find out and let u know..even I need that song..

Aparna Ganguly said...

@krishnan
oops..I mean "want"..
there's a helluva diference between the two..
came back to do some nitpicking..coz it clashes with my philosophy of life..

Aparna Ganguly said...

@shreyas

Someone asked me recently...
Have u tried looking at urself as Aparna the person..and Aparna the enchantress with words?

I replied
No
Why?
Are they different?
Maybe Aparna the person is more spontaneous and alive


So when u think the posts r crossing the realms of realism..remember it was written by someone as real as the lizard on ur wall
Lolzzz

I don't fancy myself as a reptile though.. :D

Anonymous said...

i am sorry dear.. the first 14 reasons of ur happiness is not available right now.....i suppose i could increase the number of comments from 27 to 40 plus............. ok hold on.... let me try

Anonymous said...

this is the 28th one..

Anonymous said...

this is the 29th one....

Anonymous said...

ok let me try little more.... is it the 30th

Anonymous said...

take it as 31st... wish u lots of kisses from ur husband....... when u get up in the morning after marriage...

Anonymous said...

i ll try the third point on 14th.....dont forget... its the 32nd...

Anonymous said...

ok let me concentrate.... this is the 33rd....sorry dear for the ray of sunshine u have to go outside ur dark room....

Anonymous said...

right now u enjoy ur cozi bed.... as like as ur laptop is enjoying ur lap..... ok this is 34th

Anonymous said...

i am not one of ur lost friend... and u dont even expect my call... count this as 35th

Anonymous said...

once u ll definitely get to see the toothless grin of an infant... and believe me it really great.... hope u ll also enjoy that..36

Anonymous said...

are u reading all the comments......... if not... let me tell u that it is the thirty seventh comment....

Anonymous said...

CAT is knocking...... I hope you are not taking it as yuor last exam..... are u...? still to appear for GMAT.... 38.. thirty eight....

Anonymous said...

the dream call will be far away from boastal jail, hydrabad, or san fran..... which one.......? ooofffffff.. this is the 39th... one more ...

Anonymous said...

done......now dont count it ... quickly get to the next...

Anonymous said...

happy na......? wish all ur dreams come true one by one....keep smiling buddy...

Aparna Ganguly said...

Lol..U r such a sweetheart Koshu:)
I can't stop laughing

Aparna Ganguly said...

And yeah thanks for the wishes :)

Glad to have u as my buddy :)