Copyright

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software You will copy with risks to penalties and criminal procedures.

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Lessons from my father

So many lessons I have imbibed from him over the years. Just a few-
1. Speak the truth, no matter the cost;
2. Take bullshit from no one. Protest when you are unfairly treated;
3. Fight for what is rightly yours. Even if it takes twelve years;
4. Always respect the competence of a person, not his stature in life.
    Those may involve other unseen factors;
5. Do not treat love as entitlement. Invest in your relationships;
6. Be generous in your gifts. Give what you would like to have;
7. Love your job;
8. Have creative pursuits. No matter how busy you get;
9. Do not always judge profit and loss. Neki kar, dariya mein daal; and
10. (This I am trying hard to learn again .)
Do not give two figs about other people’s negative opinion. Be yourself.

To be honest, a huge part of my personality has been molded by these lessons and more. I am also very privileged because he invested in our education while he could have saved that money and enjoyed more luxuries in life earlier. When I feel low or defeated, I remember the debt I owe to my parents and then I am able to find my true north again.

Only gratitude for you. Forever. Happy Father's Day!


No comments: