Copyright

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software You will copy with risks to penalties and criminal procedures.

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Betrayal

Last night, I dreamed of your betrayal again.
You smiled and kissed me
As you plunged a knife down my neck.
I saw myself die in your arms.
You laid my limp, bloody body on the dust,
Then kicked it to make sure I was done for good.
My tears woke me;
Brought me back
To a bleaker reality.

Why did you pretend to love me
When all you had in your heart was hatred?
How did you cover its putrid stench?
All the perfumes from Grasse
Could not have camouflaged it.
Maybe it was my love that blinded me.
When everyone asked me to be careful,
I threw my caution to the wind.
And embraced you anyway.

Now, I write poems about betrayal.
A sad, pathetic, needy, wannabe poet.
But no amount of self-loathing
Could have woken me up to this ugly truth-
We are all alone in our struggles,
There is no reason to think otherwise.
So, thank you my friend!
Your absence is a gift
I will treasure forever.


No comments: