Copyright

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software You will copy with risks to penalties and criminal procedures.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

I am upset

Recently, I viewed the works of a press photographer who had sent me an invite on an online community.Some of the visuals were very disturbing. They were of realities I will never know, I should never know. Of malnutrition and hunger, of a woman injured in a bomb blast, blood drenched dead bodies of soldiers, a farmer dragging a wooden plank on his shoulders to level his field. Made me wonder how superfluous my life is and how superficial my needs are.

I am upset.

1 comment:

amitabha said...

I may sound a bit philosophical but every person lives his/her own life, enjoys the happiness he/she earns and carries the cross he/she has to carry. Can a parent of a new born child really explain and share his/her joy of becoming a parent? Can a person really make clear the depth of his/her loss of dear ones to others? I doubt. Malnutrition and hunger, a woman injured in a bomb blast, blood drenched dead bodies of soldiers who had died to give us a better tomorrow or a farmer dragging a wooden plank on his shoulders to level his field are shocking realities we may not like to see but they are, nevertheless, there. For centuries, some people have tried to level the inequalities in societies but maintaining status quo has been beneficial to many others, specially the people in power.
Btw, the woman injured in the bomb blast on 1st October 2008 in Agartala did not die and she has been selling vegetables again in GB market. Life has to go on.