Copyright

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software You will copy with risks to penalties and criminal procedures.

Saturday, April 29, 2017

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

People say that childhood friends are the best. I agree that some of them have a special place in my heart, but I have been fortunate to have great friends in all the phases of my life.

S1 is my first best friend and my favorite cousin. I can still talk to her for hours without feeling judged. And I think she is one of those people who can never offend me no matter what she says. Love how she mothers me sometimes. 'Eat your food', 'sleep on time' etc. I tease her for it.

R and I shared the same crush in school and loved the same kind of music and books. We had long conversations and sleepovers, and I found depth in her quite rare for her age.

P took care of me when I had my first heartbreak. We went to the same school and the same college, but we had a different circle of friends. It wasn't until much later when I started a job and realized the value of a familiar face through what I believe were my 'years of struggle'. I was trying to find an identity, and she believed in me. She always believed in me.

I met S2 while doing my MBA. She was from a different university and a breath of fresh air. I took her to different socials with me, where she met her future husband. She still gives me credit for that, but I believe that they were destined to be together. They make a lovely family of four with a child and a dog. And every time I see their pics on Facebook, it fills me with great joy and pride.

But the most surprising friendship of all is probably S3. The first time we met through mutual friends, I thought she was quiet. Far from it. She is loud and crazy and makes me laugh. I took forward to our little adventures together, and every time I cook something nice, I think of her. She is very generous with her compliments and her happiness after a satisfying meal shows on her face. I cherish that.

I don't think life would be as beautiful without them.
You know who you are. I love you guys. I can't say it enough.

2 comments:

essay best said...

I totally agree that friends are the best gift of God after family. The childhood friends are here to stay throughout your life. They are your treasure.

1 click dissertation review said...

The way you wrote the title, I thought it is something related to friends season. Friends are no wonder best blessing of God to anyone. A good friend can make your life and a bad friend can ruin it.