Copyright

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software You will copy with risks to penalties and criminal procedures.

Friday, February 16, 2018

A breakup song

You want to know what is wrong?
Every snide remark you thought did not register with me, accumulated into this huge cascade of disappointment that washed away all the good memories we had together.

I am tired of placing your happiness before mine and finding that everything I did was never enough.
I am tired of you thinking that I held you an emotional hostage when I tried to tell you what was going wrong. You shut me out when the conversation changed from what you wanted to hear to what I had to say.

You want to know what is wrong?
You had your chance, but you blew it.

I hope you find happiness with someone else. Because I can't bring myself to love you the way I used to. And that breaks my heart.

I am not very complicated. I ache to give love. And I love those who are kind to me.

You and yours have disrespected me, hurled words at me when it was completely unnecessary.

And now that I draw back into my shell, you feel surprised. My behavior is not impulsive. It is a rebellion against the years of emotional abuse that you have subjected me to, even though you knew I was vulnerable. This is me not caring for a change.

No comments: