Copyright

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software You will copy with risks to penalties and criminal procedures.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Him

One of the fondest memories of my childhood is watching Dad while he shaved.
I'd stealth upto him & stand motionlessly while he worked up a foam with his brush.The awe would surpass even that of an ardent admirer witnessing a maestro at work.
I'd inevitably end up calling out to Mom,"LOOK MOM!! Dad is looking like Santa Claus"
This would make him bepaint my cheek with his foamy brush and I would run away giggling.
For me,as a young girl,he was the epitome of grace,valour,generosity,success and every other quality I deemed as virtue.
I wanted to emulate him & the possible way I could get any near was to walk around in the house with heavy steps wearing his boots & sneak into his shaving kit & prtend to shave while I tried to reproduce each gesture with careful efforts that came naturally to him.
It gave me immense satisfaction to copy his movements and an equal dissatisfaction to see that my cheeks were as smooth as ever with no sign of stubble.
What I didn't realise was-u need to tease ur cheeks with a razor to get some

Thank God I didn't...

3 comments:

radiohead said...

good one.

AakASH!!! said...

:-) Very innocent!

Aparna Ganguly said...

@Rainbow Warrior
Aah! Not always buddy! Not always...;)

@AP
Thx :)

@Aakash
We all are...the greatest task is to be worldly enough to exist and innocent enough to cherish small things...
wish I knew where I shud place the fulcrum to have a perfect equilibrium in life..
but then again ..there's an esay way out..LISTEN TO YOUR HEART...always....