- Prepare your pitch, but make it more conversational. Ask questions. Get to know your potential clients.
- Get a business card scanner app. You don't want to be buried in information and lose contacts. It is also easier to connect on LinkedIn later.
- Have an appointment schedule if you are also setting up meetings with people from other departments.
- Have your devices handy, but don't forget old pen and paper. Quick Notes is not as quick as quick notes.
- Ask advice from someone who has done it before. They always have something valuable to add.
- Don't forget your camera.
- Never, never, never wear heels.
How can you tell a noob from an expert in a trade show? Look at the shoes. More comfortable they look, more experienced they are. They don't need to walk for years to reach the restroom and miss a prospect in the process.