Copyright

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software You will copy with risks to penalties and criminal procedures.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My way

Sometimes, I wish I could see the world like I could a couple of years ago. That doesn't mean I am old. But I have seen enough to learn not to take every thing at face value. Sweet words mean nothing until accompanied with action. A brutally honest friend is always better than the sweet talker with empty words.

I am a little less narcissistic (I know! I know!). Have not given up taking selfies though. But most importantly- I don't think I need to validate my existence by gaining approval from others. Not that I ever cared much for that. People thought I was courageous. Bold. I was just plain stupid.

On second thoughts, it was more sensible to listen to my inner voice even when so many thought that I was taking a risk. 'You can do better' they said. I followed my heart. Now they consider me wise for not listening to them. What an irony!

If I could advise my younger self, I'd say  again what I had said to myself then. 'Don't give up hope.' And do it your way.

No comments: