- Cut shower times. Avoid using the bath tub.
- Repair leaky faucets.
- Don't let the water flow while you brush or shave
- Set you load to proper size while doing the laundry.
- If you own a lawn, time your sprinklers
- Cover your pool, to prevent loss from evaporation.
Saturday, January 18, 2014
On Friday, Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in California for drought. While we just exclaim upon the absence of rains during the winter, the farmers and fire-fighters are on high alert. It is not the first time that the state declared a drought emergency. California has a climate prone to occasional dry spells. Though agriculture uses 80% of our water, we can do our bit by reducing water consumption voluntarily. Here are some doable tips for water conservation: