Copyright

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Software You will copy with risks to penalties and criminal procedures.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

You know who Icarus was, right?

According to Greek mythology, Icarus flew too close to the sun with wax wings which melted causing him to fall into the sea and drown. He represents the impetuous and uncontrolled nature of youth.

I want to get an Icarus tattoo done but 1)I am not aware of the policies on tattoos at workplaces 2) I need to find a good tattoo parlor 3) Neither of the available options - one of classical style , another of the fictitious character from X-men, seem to be good enough :(
I want a mix of both. With both traditional and maverick features. Any designers?



And talking of designers, here is what DRM did for my logo.




Since I started with tattoos, I can not help mentioning this article I came across in NYTimes- Erasing Tattoos, Out of Regret or for a New Canvas.

#For other tattoo symbols and their meaning, you can have a look here

#Add more tattoo parlors to this list:
Mike at CR Park, New Delhi

14 comments:

Smokin Joe said...

Am like talking to a friend on mine for the best place in bangalore to get a tattoo done, and my google reader just flashes an unread article.. and thuk.. its urs.. i got so excited, just to know that there were more questions than answers.. ;-(

candid diary said...

Go ahead but don't have tattoo remorse ;D

Aparna Ganguly said...

@varun
I'm seeking answers myself.
How often have you said "Forever" a little too soon?

Aparna Ganguly said...

@candid
Lol. Thanks for the article. I won't get my boyfriend's name tattooed on me for sure :D

APUGONNAB said...

My cousin got 3 tattoos done.. all of them when he was highly depressed! the 3 are of superman & 2 love symbols! Superman in color, and the other 2 in black! & by gosh, they look sexy!! Get something like that done.. something u wont regret..

I fear, my tattoo will look like the world (referring to the episode in 'friends' when phoebe gets her tattoo of the world...), coz i cant take physical pain! My cousin says, its very energizing! & he is in blore.. interested in further info?

Aparna Ganguly said...

@aparna.g
Any info you can get me honey! I'll owe that one to you

Naresh said...

Icarus is a wonderful character. Portrays the attitude and motivation in youth, the same time reminding to be cautious n nt over-aggressive!

Do get it done...

Anonymous said...

and why on earth would you want a tattoo? if you must, try a design which will still look good when you are past 50 and your skin has started sagging :P

Aparna Ganguly said...

@arnab
The same reason I wanted a navel ring. New things excite me. And tattoos have been exciting me even before I was born :D
Btw, I'll take your advice and choose a spot with the least likelihood of sagging even when I am 150 :)

Vik Rajagopalan said...

I would say you arm then LOL !

BTW, yea it goes beyond the Tattooing part. The place has to be clean and sterilised as the best and quickest way the chances of some seriously bad viruses spreading is through the parlors like this. I had to be doubly sure I found a spot when I was in the US and it was nice and grilling too.

Lcarus is not a bad option at all.

Anonymous said...

I was googling Icarus tattoos and your site was one of the first that came up. When I get my tattoo in a couple months, I am going to get the words "Icarus also flew." Icarus should not only be a parable for being cautious but also a lesson that we can do anything we put our minds too.

Aparna Ganguly said...

@anonymous
What a fresh perspective ! I loved what you said: "Icarus also flew". If you get a Picture of your tattoo taken, do let me know :)

De Mann said...

I just happened on your site while looking at images of icarus and daedalus as I also intend on getting a tattoo of one of them done. I would love to see your tattoo when you have it done. I saw a majestic painting of icarus not so long ago and was hoping to find an image of it on the web, but now it looks like I might have to go there and take a photo of it. May I also compliment you by saying that you are a very gorgeous woman.

bangalore said...

Why dont you go for Henna instead of tatooing?